- The objective of the scheme is to control and regulate groundwater development through the implementation of Kerala Groundwater (control & regulation) Act-2002 to prevent adverse environmental impacts of ground water over exploitation and to ensure equitable distribution of resources to all sections of the society.
- Conducting mass awareness programmes on groundwater conservation; management and water quality issues to aware public, school children, officials of other department and representatives of Local Self Government,
- Issuance of permits, granting NOCs to drinking water bottling plants and other industries which use groundwater as raw material are also included.
- Addressing complaints of over-exploitation of groundwater, addressing different disputes of groundwater
- Registration of drilling rigs and firms/agencies engaged in construction of Groundwater abstraction structures are also included under this scheme.
Physical Achievement for the FY 2019-20
|Physical Achievement as on November 2020|
|No. of Mass Awareness Programmes conducted||21||–|